Curious about why you should Balance and Rotate your tires? Here’s a quick snapshot on the why’s:
BENEFITS OF BALANCING YOUR TIRES:
- less vibration at highway speeds – also improves steering stability
- less noise at highway speeds
- ever heard that ‘whirling’ noise that increases with speed? Could be this
You’re probably wondering if your wheels/tires are new – why do you need to ‘Balance’ them? The reason: even wheels and tires brand new from the factory have slight imbalances due to the manufacturing process that currently can’t be avoided. Yup…your new wheels and tires are imperfect, sorry to break it to you 🙂 But that’s why getTREAD comes in to bring them back in balance!
BENEFITS OF ROTATING YOUR TIRES:
- Increased tread life – moving your tires to different positions gives the tread a chance to wear evenly
DON’T LET YOUR TIRES GET LIKE THIS:
Excessive wear on the inner shoulders is the most common side effect of not rotating your tires often enough. This happens because the front tires point slightly away from center (this is designed from the factory to improve stability or steering response). Also, the front and rear tires are tilted on the vertical axis to improve handling as well – which also tends to wear the inner edge of the tire more than the rest of the tire.
- We recommend rotating your tires every 6,000-8,000 miles to get the most out of your tires
As you can see, there is a reason for Balancing and Rotating your tires. Get more tread life, and a more stable/comfortable ride! Take a look at your ride and let us know if you need our help. getTREAD can handle your Balance and Rotation – no problem! At home, at the office, even at soccer practice! Click here to get started with your Balance and Rotation!