- 1.How we collect information about you
- 2. How we use the Personal Data we collect
- 3. Cookies
- 4. Types of Data Collected
- 5. Monitoring User Activity
- 6. Location Data
- 7. Managing Your Information
- 8.Children Under 13
- 9. Credit Card
- 10. How We Share Your Information
- 11. Advertising
- 12. Security and Retention
- 13. Third Party Sites
- 14. Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
- 15. Communications
- 16. Ownership
- 17. Changes
- 18. Questions?
- 19. Legal Disclaimer
1. How we collect information about you
Information is collected when you create a Site account, register online, or you use getTREAD services, and when you visit getTREAD pages or the pages of getTREAD partners. Upon registering, you may be asked for Personal Data such as your name, birth date, gender, address, ZIP code, email, and/or any other information specific to you or your vehicle. When you register with getTREAD and sign in to our Services, you agree to supply this Personal Data to us.
2. How we use the Personal Data we collect
The main purpose for collecting Personal Data is to constantly improve our product and Services, and to provide our Users an efficient and enjoyable experience. We may also access and use your information to compare information for accuracy to verify it with third parties or to comply with applicable laws or legal process. Information may be used for, but is not limited to, communicating with you, providing customer support, processing transactions, dispute resolution, fee collections, improvements to our Services and for other commercial purposes.
4. Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Please also be advised that by using this website, we will not be collecting any special categories of data about you (i.e. data about your ethnicity, religion, health etc.). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Personal and contact details, such as, your name, home address, service address, mobile number and e-mail address.
- Transaction data including information such as details of your purchase i.e. order number, order value, the type of time slot that you have booked and the way in which you made your purchase.
- Financial data including your credit or debit card details.
- Product and services that you have purchased from us or have shown an interest in.
- Vehicle information, such as, the make and model of your car, its age, the tires that are fitted to the vehicle, as well as, their tread depth. Some of this data is captured when you place and order with us and some is captured when we fit your tires.
- Marketing and analysis data that identifies your communications preferences, when we have communicated to you in the past, whether you engaged with or clicked on any links within those communications, the channels that you used to visit our website.
- Information gathered from 3rd parties such as details about your vehicle to improve the experience that you have on our website and to provide you with relevant products at a time when you will be interested in them.
- Profile data including when and what you purchased from us, your preferences, any feedback from you and survey responses.
- Technical data, such as, the device that you use to visit our website, your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Insights about you and our customers that is gained from deriving, processing and analyzing the data outlined above.
5. Monitoring User Activity
6. Location Data
We may use and store information about your location (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
7. Managing Your Information
We may communicate with you at various times, via email, push notification or other commonly used forms of communication. These communications may be promotional in nature. You can choose to opt out of promotional communications at any time simply by changing your preferences, unsubscribing through the applicable Sites and Services or using an email’s unsubscribe function. Opting out will not result in the cessation of administrative messages or customer service responses, unless you delete your getTREAD account. If you have agreed to receive marketing communications through interactions with our partners, you must change your communication preferences with them directly. If you provide us information to a non-User by sending an invite, you will be asked to provide a name and an email address for the invitee. We will automatically send your friend a copy of the email. getTREAD or our service providers store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. The recipient may contact us at business@getTREAD.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
8. Children Under 13
The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 and we never knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are a parent or a guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe they have used our Services, please contact us immediately and we will work to delete the Users account and any such Personal Data. When, and if, we work with teams and groups with children under 13, the parents/guardians of the children are responsible for entering and managing their children’s information or authorizing others to do so.
9. Credit Card
We use third party payment card processing companies to process payments in connection with the Services. These third parties have committed to getTREAD to process your payment card information in a secure, PCI compliant manner. Your payment card information is processed and retained by these third parties and will not be passed on to getTREAD; getTREAD does not store your payment card information.
10. How We Share Your Information
getTREAD will not sell, rent or lease your Personal Data to others except as described in this policy. getTREAD shares Personal Data in the following ways:
- getTREAD employs various third parties to run its service, as further described below. These are trusted partners who operate components of the getTREAD software. getTREAD relies on these third parties to maintain the security and safety of your Personal Data.
- We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Sites and Services that we offer you; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to getTREAD or to you.
- getTREAD may engage data providers who may collect certain web log data to enable you to receive customized ads or content through web, mobile or other media channels.
12. Security and Retention
The security of your information is important to us. We store your Personal Data in getTREAD’s systems and we use reasonable security precautions to protect it. There is no method of electronic transmission that is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data or other information. If you have any questions or concerns about security, drop us a line at business@getTREAD.com and we will do our best to respond to them. We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. Typically, we retain information submitted for a team or group until it is deleted by the User. In addition, we may retain Personal Data from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law.
13. Third Party Sites
Our Sites and Services may integrate with or contain links to other websites and services. This is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other websites or location or their content. For example, you may be able to place orders through one of our partners. Those third party sites and services have their own privacy statements and terms of conditions that we do not control. We do not review and are not responsible for the privacy practices or other actions of these third parties.
14. Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
A California resident who has provided Personal Data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed Personal Data to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of Personal Data, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal data was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal data that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing the address specified below in “Questions”. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California Customer each year and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address. S.B. 568, titled “Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World” allows California minors a right to delete content that they posted to a website, social media profile, or online service while under the age of 18. To request removal of any such content, please contact us at business@getTREAD.com
We may communicate with you via e-mail, SMS text or telephone in order to update you as necessary about your specific order or purchase. For example to confirm your order, ensure that you have ordered the correct product and update you about your service time.
getTREAD owns the code, databases, and all rights to the getTREAD website, software and App.
19. Legal Disclaimer
Though we make every effort to preserve User privacy, we may need to disclose your Personal Data when required by law, or when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process, and you acknowledge and agree that we have the right to do so.